The process to my Driving License

Driving ? How's driving like ?
I am getting older and I need to drive. Sounds ridiculous though, getting older so must need to learn driving la ? I do not agree on that, we still have public transportation okay. Even though our public transportation here is not as advance as Japan's ones. But sometimes really, you still need a car. 
So where shall I start it off ? Here are what I had been through, the 7 steps to my P Licenses.
After reading you will know how bad I am. LOL. Trust me. I am not that bad as how I may seems to be. There are lots of teruk drivers in Malaysia also.
Warning : Lots of grandmother stories. So this post will be kindda long.

Today's topic is about the process of JoiLynn's Driving License. LOL. Macam yes, tapi tidak.
I took the exam in Bahasa Melayu [BM]. Not to say it's a new thing to me as 70% of the subjects in school are in BM like Accounts, Economy, History, Art and etc .. Yes, if you still do not know, I am in a Kebangsaan (Government) School and not some private or international schools. Anyway, this is Malaysia. So BM will always be there and everywhere. But there is actually a choice on whether you want to take it in English or BM. But I got feedback from some people that they failed the test in English but pass in BM. Maybe English the questions are harder or trickier or something, I don't know. So this was the reason why I choose to seat for it in BM. It's your choice anyway. I wouldn't say taking it in BM is easier either. It's NOT ! 😅
Okayy, so here we gooooo ! 화이팅 !!

Went to The Driving School on the 20 January 2014 to register.
Paid RM15 for these CD and Books to study and do.

The so called Text Book. OMG ! They have to so many road things to learn. There are like 120 road signs. I didn't know we had that many road sign. But I barely even see half of them on the road 😅

The Activity Book has 500 Questions. Felt like I was doing SPM passed year questions again 😂

Those books are to be read, remember and do to prepare myself for the Computer Test.
Must get at least 42 or above corrects over 50 questions to pass this. If I get less then 42 I need to pay RM55 to retake it again [You will know what happen as you read on]
Back to studying again ever since SPM over. Karyn came my house to study together too and we ordered Pizza cause she wanted it as a mini celebration. Haven't even started and pass everything, baru register sahaja and she wanna celebrate already. Syok sendiri ..
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Driver's Education Curriculum
Kurikulum Pendidikan Pemandu
on the 22 January 2014.

Woke up at 6.30am, have to be at the Driving Shop at 7.00am sharp. It's like waking up to go to school. From there, a van will take us all the way to JPJ @ Bangi to seat for that 5 Hours Driving Education Talk or I would say Seminar. It's somewhere at the hills with windy road in the jungle where the air there is kindda cooling. If you ask me how to go there?, I have absolutely no idea. Anyway, I would say that it's actually more than a 5 hours seminar as I was out from 7.00am until 3.00pm, only it finished.

The cramp room with 42 students inside.

The whole so called 5 hours, what I had been doing. Writing bilingual notes. Everything was held in BM but I wrote in rojak. Oh well, at least I, my ownself understand can already la. #TypicalMalaysian
Partly to act like I did listen and wrote down some things. 'Jia jia' bit la 😅
My acting skill are not that bad okay .. Can become actor liao 😂


Guess what Karyn had been doing for the 5 hours ! Playing 'My Little Pony'. Seriously let her 'gek see' 💁🏼 #MyFabulousFriend
In the end, she ended up taking down my so called kindda useless notes into her iPad 😅
This is the whole main problem when they said that you can use electronic device to take down notes. People ended up doing something else. BUT !! What is the Wifi Password ?! My miserable life there without Wifi. I would say without Data Plan actually. Oh well, atleast I did listen a bit and take down notes, better than doing nothing eh ? ㅋㅋ😅 So I managed to pull through that 5 hours ++ which concludes that day.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) Computer Test
Ujian Undang Berkomputer
on the 26 January 2014.

Woke up at 6.30am. Left house at 7.00am. Took the van and reach the place around 8.25am. It only opened at 8.40am. Opened already, went and take my number. Number 32. So I wait until my number was called. Register and went into the room to seat for the test at 10.05am.
- Image above credits to google

and I ..  i  ....    i       .........      i.............. okay, I won't lie to you, so I will tell you the truth. I Failed .. like by 1 freaking question ! 😤
Since Chinese New Year was almost that week weekend, I re-took it again after CNY.
Seriously, the questions weren't that easy. If you get the easy ones then you are lucky la, if not .... 
Luckily mummy and daddy didn't scold me. Oh well, what's done is done. No point ranting so much. Just do better for the next time. Study harder. Understand more and do more questions. 화이팅 !

 2 March 2014, I re-took the computer exam.
Guess what ?! I passed it ! Wasted RM55. I could at least eat a super nice meal with that. Oh well, Passed ! 합격!! Yeah !^^ 44/50 ! Boleh lahhh !
The questions were easier then last time though. Or maybe I didn't studied enough last time.

Reach there early like last time and waited for them to open. Took my number at 9.12am and waited until 10.04am to seat for my test. Finish my test at 10.38am and then waited until 1.30pm for the van to come and take us back. 3 freaking hours of boredness as I listen to songs for that 3 hours until my phone battery went low. Karyn was the best la. Playing the snake game on the old Nokia phone. This brings back memories of those days when I was in primary school when there are no smart phone but just Nokia phone games 😂
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3) Practical Theory
Teori Asas
on the 10 March 2014.

6 Hours of this practical theory at JPJ.
Out from house at 7.00am and back home at 5.00pm. If you actually calculate, it's more then 6 hours.
I should say 6 hours of the course + waiting + timing to go and come back.

When they were giving the 3 hour lecture.
Karyn as usual in her dream world with her iPad again, Not 'My Little Pony' this time but 'Fruit Ninja'.
Tsk tsk tskkk. This girl I tell youuuu ....

After the 3 hours lecture. Another 3 hours of getting to know the parts of the car.
I should actually ask daddy about this as this is the line that he is in.
All the complicated parts of the car engine.
Just wanted to show you what I had been staring at for 3 hours 🤔
- Photo above credits to google

And the day just ended like that.
I was frustrated with my thumb that day because I couldn't get it scan.
Actually it's not the first time this is happening. I always used to have problems thumbing in at school 😥 Like seriously, my thumb .. The skin is not even peeling or what. It's just fine but I don't know why it can't be read. Okay, I just want to say sorry and thank you to the staffs there for all the trouble that my thumb gave you all. Doing me a card to clock in and out of the driving class just because my thumb print can't be read. Yeaa, blaming it on my thumb now.. 😅
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4) L License Class
Lesen L Kelas
on 15,16 & 18 April 2014.

1:1 class with the driving instructor to learn how to drive.
I would say.. NOT easy ehh ! The hand break and steering is super hard ! Wallao ehh.. I didn't know that driving needed so much strength and energy and can even make you sweat like you finished gym or something, to that extend. WTH?! 😨 Or maybe I wasn't used to it and it's a OLD manual car with no power steering and aircond and super hard and rusty gears ? First time I was seating in the driver seat driving. Not bad lehh. Abit 'wai sui' la. Hahaa. My driving instructor, Uncle Kee is not that bad. The environment wasn't that awkward as I expected it to be. We talked allot. We spoked in Mandrin, English, Malay and mostly in Cantonese. Boleh tahan la. Malaysia boleh! LOL. Luckily my Cantonese is not that bad. It's like the Cantonese saying, "one chicken, one duck". How to communicate ? 😅

15 April 2014, 10.00am-12.00pm.
The process of learning about the Gear, Hand Break, Clutch, Break, Accelerator, Steering, and etc and also driving around few rounds.
Everything went on well, it's just that the weather was super hot. The Kancil windows were down and the sun were like piercing into my skin and sweat keep rolling down my head. Like going for some kind of sauna. Natural vitamin E sauna that was super hot. LOL.


16 April 2014, 7.30am-12.00pm.
Had this class with Karyn so it was longer hours as we had to take turn and only manage to learn 2 things for that day. Side Parking at the Left. It was okay. No problems so far.


After the parking, the hill !! 😤 OMG ! Bukit oh Bukit !
Everything was okay except when I reach the line on top the hill I need to pull the handbreak at least to the 4th sound, if not when I let go the break the car will go backwards. What kind of Kancil is this? Or maybe if it's not the car then, all I will say is that I don't have strength. I can pull until the 2nd sound only. If I pull to the 3rd or struggle to the 4th I can't put the handbreak back down.
So I had been pulling the handbreak up and down until my arms and hand hurts. The skin on my palm even began to peel and have blister. Like seriously.. The second day ended like that. Getting my hand injured.
When I came back home I posted on Twitter and Facebook. Looks like I am not the only one that faces this problem eh? A few of my friends also. I guess it's just the driving practice car handbrake that always gives the problem. I swear that this manual car is physical abuse. LOL 😂

18 April 2014, 8.00-10.00a.m.
3 Pointer, again Driving around, The Hill and The Parking.
Hand condition was still in bad and not cured yet. But I still dragged myself for the class. Put lots of 'counterpain' on my arms and plasters on my blisters.
Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. Everything went on well that day. I am seriously so happy that everything turned out well. Thank God !
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5) Driving Practice
Belajar Memandu
on 30 April 2014.


After learning, now is the time to practice at JPJ. 4 hours of driving practice and as usual it's more then 4hours. Left house at 6.30am reached home at 1.15pm.
Had a different driving instructor that day. This driving instructor was also okay laa.
Did driving on the road to lane A & B both twice. Lane A is longer then lane B. But lane B has more humps and the roads were more winding and more turning, I think. Lane A is also winding though.
Did the hill, parking and 3 pointer about like 15times? I don't know, around that as I lost count.
No problems with the handbrake and steering this time. Only pulled the handbrake to the first click when I'm at the hill slope and the car din't go backwards. OMG! This is life la. This is life! That's why I said that, that practice car had problems ! But I wouldn't say I did good even though everything went well that day because I mati the car engine like 5 times. Clutch! Now I hate the clutch. I am so not gonna like the car la. First steering, then handbrake then now clutch. wtf ? Okay, I take back my words, this is not life. Must seriously get an auto car, NOT a manual one.
More practice, more practice Joilynn, more practice ... Hang in there .... 😐
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6) Driving Test
Ujian Memandu
on 27 May 2014.

After Practice, time for the test.
Left house at 7.00am. Reached there about 8.10am and there were already so many people there.
I'm number 68, second session. Each session had like about 100 people ++? So practically, I am like 168++ instead of 68. Luckily I am not in the third session. Or else by 7.00pm also still won't be able to finish and leave JPJ. Btw, everything finished that day for me and my group people at 6.30pm, by the time reach home it was 8.00pm.

Waited until like 2.30pm then only it was my turn to test on the hill, parking and 3 pointer. The tension was really horrible as you can see who failed and who passed. Kindda embarrassing though and I really kesian (pity) those that go on the hill and failed. Really kesian them. I feel for them because .. I also failed. LOL. But not on the hill. I passed the hill and failed the parking. My god ! I usually don't have problems with the parking but this time .... The car tyre touch the white line. Maybe because the tension was so high and the nervousness is there until I can feel my hands trembling. The feeling was worst then seating for SPM. It was raining too. Puddles of water every where and I can't even see the line. Really bad timing.. Waited for like 6 hours to test and after like 3 minutes, failed ... After that, waited until 5.45pm to test on the road. Luckily I passed that ! Seriously, during that day everything went the other way round. Things that I am bad during practice I passed, things that I was okay during practice I fail. Aiggoooo.. Joilynn! Whats wrong with you ?! 🙄


3 June 2014, went back the next Tuesday to re-take my test on the hill, parking and 3 pointer. Paid RM180 for the re-test. As usual, it was pack again and most of all school holiday had started, so more form5 students were there. They should have more days for exam instead of every Tuesdays only.
Still get second session batch and of all thing retake people, we have the alphabet 'P' in front and we will be behind all the first timer that seat for their driving exam. I would say practically I am number 226. Or maybe 276 because first session has like about until P50. So left house at 7.00am reached home at 4.00pm. Luckily that day was early as it didn't rain and they speeded up allot.


While waiting for my turn, what do I do ? Stare at the sky and look at cotton clouds 🙄


On the road car is much better then the car we used for the hill, parking and 3 pointer.

The hill, parking and 3 pointer car.

and these concludes my driving exam and I finally passed !
Tadaaa ! LULUS !  👏👏👏
Clap for me la ! Aigoooo.. Talking up driving license is really stressful mannnn 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7) P License
Lesen P
on 11 June 2014.

Jjjang !! Finally ! 😃
My face ! It became so small. They probably squeeze it so that it could fit in.

The P sticker for the car. Have to put these stickers on the car for 2 years. 2 sets of P stickers. Macam yes only, 2 cars. Oh well, one my so called own car which belongs to YehYeh and another one is daddy's car.

Actually I just received my license like 2 days ago because I was so buzy for the passed few days because of personal stuffs, so Karyn help me to collect them. and her mom threw away my P stickers thanks to Karyn's messy room full of papers. So Karyn went and helped me buy them again and I just went to collect them from her today. Luckily my license was not being threw away. Nearly had a heart attack.
Anyway, Thanks Karyn for always helping me out when I need help. Even though sometimes you really give me a heart attack. Goosshh ! LOL.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It wasn't that bad after all. Minus the re-seating for the computer test and the other 3 parts of the driving.
I may sound like a terrible driver after failing the computer test and parking, but ..
Oh well, I will improve and do my best 내가 열심히 일할 것이다 !! 💪🏻
I guess driving is something that we just have to get use to it. Some how it will be a piece of cake that is a everyday affair that I need to do. The next time I will blog about this topic is probably in 2 years time that's where my P Licence expire and I will get my official license.

1 advise ! Be calm and don't panic ! Do your best ! 👍🏻
Remember ! If you haven't take your driving test or you're still in the process of it, always be calm and don't panic because panicking will make the whole situation worst. Hope I din't scare you much on this post..
Thanks for reading this whole naggy and kindda embarrassing post and I love you all ! 😘



Instagram: @joilynn__
Facebook: Joi Lynn
Twitter: @joilynn__
Blog: joilynnlum.blogspot.com
Email: joilynn96jl@gmail.com


Comments

  1. The motorcycle theory test is a test you must pass to get a motorcycle license in Norway. The test is administered by the Norwegian Public Roads Administration (NPRA).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testen.no is the leading website for practicing the theory test for A1. Testen.no has been helping people pass their theory test for over 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these insights about the theory test. It's a reminder that getting a license isn't just a formality; it's about knowing the rules of the road. 📜🚗 #RulesOfTheRoad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment